Is it true?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewDent02

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it true that some schools only look at your last 45/60 hours of undergrad? I’ve heard some schools do that, does anyone know of any?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think any school only looks at the last 45-60 hours of undergrad. Many schools do look favorably upon upward trends, however.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is it true that some schools only look at your last 45/60 hours of undergrad? I’ve heard some schools do that, does anyone know of any?
Not true in the slightest. Most schools weight the most recent performance more heavily, as it is indicative of who you are now versus who you were four years ago. An upward trend looks great, a downward trend looks... Really bad.

This is true with Canadian schools if you had a 100% course load over 4 years. Some will look at your best 3 years or your best 2 years. American schools don't do this.

I have not heard of any dental schools. Though a decent number of PhD and Master's programs do, as they are really only interested in how well you did in your upper div sciences.