dentpro

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi all, I would like to get some advice and honest opinions about applying to anymore schools this late. I am a resident of FL and have applied to UF, Nova, UM, Detroit mercy, U Tenn, Baylor, UK, Louiseville. I applied late in the month of September. I have a 3.55/3.45 gpa/sgpa and DAT (19/19/19 TS/SCI/PAT). I just got denied at Nova with no interviews. All the other schools are still reviewing my app. I have not received any interviews yet. Please post your honest suggestions if I still have any chance of getting an interview from any other schools this late and if any to which school should I apply. Thanks for your time.

Jun 18, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
hmm... i think you should probably wait until next year. september is still a little late i think and since you haven't heard back from any of those schools yet, i think it's unlikely applying to some more schools even later will do any good.

if you have a lot of money to spare, then i think you should go ahead and apply to a few more schools. but if not, i think you should save it for the next cycle and just apply super early and your chances will be really high!

if you really want to add a few more schools.... i think tufts and temple still have a lot of interviews to hand out?

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Honestly, I would say hold off unless money isn't a worry at all. If you do add, I would say NYU might be a good bet because they interview quite deep into the year I've heard. I would give the schools a call too and say you were curious how many more interviews they have and ask if its worth applying.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads