is it worth applying to anymore schools now???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentpro

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I would like to get some advice and honest opinions about applying to anymore schools this late. I am a resident of FL and have applied to UF, Nova, UM, Detroit mercy, U Tenn, Baylor, UK, Louiseville. I applied late in the month of September. I have a 3.55/3.45 gpa/sgpa and DAT (19/19/19 TS/SCI/PAT). I just got denied at Nova with no interviews. All the other schools are still reviewing my app. I have not received any interviews yet. Please post your honest suggestions if I still have any chance of getting an interview from any other schools this late and if any to which school should I apply. Thanks for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

hmm... i think you should probably wait until next year. september is still a little late i think and since you haven't heard back from any of those schools yet, i think it's unlikely applying to some more schools even later will do any good.

if you have a lot of money to spare, then i think you should go ahead and apply to a few more schools. but if not, i think you should save it for the next cycle and just apply super early and your chances will be really high!

if you really want to add a few more schools.... i think tufts and temple still have a lot of interviews to hand out?

Honestly, I would say hold off unless money isn't a worry at all. If you do add, I would say NYU might be a good bet because they interview quite deep into the year I've heard. I would give the schools a call too and say you were curious how many more interviews they have and ask if its worth applying.