Polo423

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
So I've heard of a new medical school coming onto the AMCAS, and as I look at the schools who've deadlines haven't passed I wonder...is it worth it to now send them a primary?

For example, I decide to give a school in FL or elsewhere a try...is it worth the time and money to put in a primary this late in the year?

liquid8r

Desert Nomad
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
This depends on several factors:

1) Your financial situation. If you have the money to submit and it won't break the bank, go for it.

2) Your statistics. If you have a great MCAT, GPA, EC's, LoR, etc. then you may get some late attention.

If you have 1) but not 2) then I would suggest you boost your stats and apply for 2010. It is incredibly late to be applying unless you are highly competitive. But as I said, if you have the money, then you certainly can try.

Also, you would not be extremely late if the school you are applying to is the new medical school in PA. They joined AMCAS a little less than a month ago. Worth a shot. I was focusing more on schools that have deadlines on or about December 1.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.