Is January too late to send out an update letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phenol312

That's no moon...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So...I've been nosing around my local hospital trying to get some shadowing and volunteering experience. Good news is I'll have an opportunity to shadow the resident pathologist. Bad news is, they can't get me in there until January. Apparently, things are super hectic at the moment and people are taking vacations left and right so they cant squeeze me in.

However, by the time January rolls around I get the feeling that it will be too late for an update letter or letter of support from this pathologist to help (if he decides to furnish me with one of course).

Do you think i should send a letter out to a few schools before i start the shadowing to let them know what I've been up to all summer/fall/winter and mention the fact that I've gotten this opportunity?

I wouldn't be able to say much in the letter except I worked for a brief period at a pharm company and continued with my local activities...and I'm kinda getting involved on starting a local clinic based out of a church for the spanish speaking population in my town.

Members don't see this ad.

anyone? Bueller? Bueller? lol

After getting the hold of death at Drexel im really starting to lose hope fast. I've looked at this:

http://www.aamc.org/data/facts/2007/mcatgpastatemat07.htm which is by state and the other chart which is for overall and my stats put me within one standard deviation of the mean (68%) except for science GPA which in turn puts my overall GPA a tad outside of the 1 SD mark. Based on the numbers I shouldn't be SOL but thats kinda how I feel at the moment.

I figure, why not? Make it tasteful and not too tacky and see what happens. Whats the worst thing that it could do? :thumbup: