Is Mayo SMP-friendly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WakeDominates

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The '08-'09 MSAR states that 21% of Mayo Med School's most recent entering class had a graduate degree. This % is higher than most schools. So, I was wondering whether Mayo is SMP-friendly (meaning that they are relatively more prone to accept students with a low ugrad GPA, if they had done well in an SMP). I realize that Mayo is ridiculously tough to get into. But if it likes SMP students, then I thought I might include it amongst my reach schools.

Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

The '08-'09 MSAR states that 21% of Mayo Med School's most recent entering class had a graduate degree. This % is higher than most schools. So, I was wondering whether Mayo is SMP-friendly (meaning that they are relatively more prone to accept students with a low ugrad GPA, if they had done well in an SMP). I realize that Mayo is ridiculously tough to get into. But if it likes SMP students, then I thought I might include it amongst my reach schools.

Thanks for your input.

My guess is that very few if any of the Mayo class attended an SMP.

SMP is a last ditch effort to resurrect a sub par GPA. I doubt if many SMPers get accepted to any of the top schools ("top" as defined by rankings, etc).