Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am stepping out too... You are right that @DermViser probably have the knowledge of PA admission 5+ years ago...yea but to become a medical assistant NOW (again not 5-10 years ago). It takes 1+ years of schooling separate from your normal undergrad stuff. Which is what demayette is saying: the types of jobs that help you even get those hours are increasingly changing (by law) to require separate schooling.
Even to get a CNA or scribe job is challenging to do while in school because of the increased requirements.
I take back what I was saying Derm, you arent necessarily wrong. But it seems like your knowledge on the PA admission stuff is sort of caught back in the past when you were applying to medical school. A lot has changed even in the past couple of years.
Also a a side note, a lot of PA programs are raising their tuition at a higher rate even than Medical schools are. Supply and demand?