is money a problem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pooh_ish

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok Money is a problem for loads of dental students?
Do you guys think it would be a smart thing to do if you go to a different country to get your dental education....countriez like india, china, korea since the schooling over there is a lot more cheaper....probably in 15,000 thousand dollars you can get your bachalor's degree completed in dental surgery....and i heard the indian education is alot more better and cheaper than american...soo wat doo you guyz think? do you think it would be a good idea to go to a country like india and get your bachalor's degree and than come bak here and take your boards and stuff? its cheap and better!! wat'd ya say?

Members don't see this ad.

After talking to a few international dentists, I have cleared up all my confusion about the process of being able to practice here after graduation from an international dental school. First of all the "Bench test" or the National Boards can be taken only this year. This is the last year ID's can take the bench test. After this year, all ID's must graduate from an accredited International Dentist program ranging from 2 to 4 years. I am not quite sure which schools offer what. NYU and UOP seem to be schools the dentists i spoke with prefer. These international advanced programs actually cost more than the D.D.S/D.M.D.. So I think you are better off aplying to dental school here in the U.S. if you plan to practice here.

Cost is more in the long run.