Is MSK Ultrasound cooling off?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Louisville04

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a disclaimer, I don't use ultrasound.

I keep getting emails from AAPMR about the US MSK course in Las Vegas (2/12/12). By signing up, you would enter a raffle for a free hotel stay or free registration to the AAPMR conference. I am surprised there are spots still available. By the time I had registered for the AAPMR conference in Orlando last November, just about all the ultrasound workshops were full.

Members don't see this ad.

I keep getting emails from AAPMR about the US MSK course in Las Vegas (2/12/12). By signing up, you would enter a raffle for a free hotel stay or free registration to the AAPMR conference. I am surprised there are spots still available. By the time I had registered for the AAPMR conference in Orlando last November, just about all the ultrasound workshops were full.

1-early adopters already learned MSK US, from previous courses.
2-MSK US being taught in residency by former early adopters
3-some docs worried the ultrasound guidance code will be bundled in a year or two and their machine will never be paid off

Also, this course involves travel, hotel costs, and expensive food for a 3 day course. The one in June was very well attended (GREAT COURSE!!) but had 2 courses in a row (more CME for cost of airplane)

I will be at the course next month, and actually hope that there are less people than June. That one was crowded