Is my file on hold?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toejam

Terminal Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering. I listed 4 people who will be writing my LOR's on Western's secondary application, but one of them has yet to send one. He's one of the two required basic science LOR's.

Does Western ask people for interviews even if all LOR's have not arrived? I tried calling them a couple of days ago, but nobody's returned my call.

Members don't see this ad.

From what I understand, med schools won't examine your file until it's complete. After that you'll get an interview.

Some schools might make an exception, tho.

Originally posted by Toejam
I'm wondering. I listed 4 people who will be writing my LOR's on Western's secondary application, but one of them has yet to send one. He's one of the two required basic science LOR's.

Does Western ask people for interviews even if all LOR's have not arrived? I tried calling them a couple of days ago, but nobody's returned my call.

TJ,

I received emails giving me the status of my application to Western. I received one when I was missing two LOR, and one when my file was complete and ready for review.

I would gently urge your last LOR writer to submit as soon as possible, so that your status is updated.

- Tae

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure that when I interviewed at LECOM some people in my group were there interviewing despite not having a complete application. Mine wasn't complete, either (if I remember correctly, they hadn't gotten my second set of MCAT scores yet). So they may start looking at your application despite some missing LORs. I'm not positive about Western, though.

And Fenrezz, that is one scary avatar... ;) :D

Originally posted by tkim6599

I would gently urge your last LOR writer to submit as soon as possible, so that your status is updated.

- Tae

Here's something that'll convince you to light a fire (gently) under their ass. I just checked my messages and was asked to call back to schedule an interview at Western - two days after the email stating my app was complete.

Apply gentle pressure man.

- Tae