Is my journey over before it actually begins?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Juw22

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m a pre-dental student currently in a master’s program for Medical Sciences. Unfortunately, I’m not doing well. Currently have a 2.6. One semester left. Might finish ~2.9.

My undergraduate GPA was a 2.9, with a science GPA ~2.5.

So I ask: Is my journey over before it actually begins? Do I have any other options?

I have not taken the DAT yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, but your SMP performance is supposed to show how well you do with rigorous science coursework similar to dental school. Not finishing above a 3.5 pretty much dooms your fate regardless of the DAT.

I would want to know your circumstances and the support you would get from your program director.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry, but your SMP performance is supposed to show how well you do with rigorous science coursework similar to dental school. Not finishing above a 3.5 pretty much dooms your fate regardless of the DAT.

I would want to know your circumstances and the support you would get from your program director.
So do I have any other option as to fixing my GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I’m a pre-dental student currently in a master’s program for Medical Sciences. Unfortunately, I’m not doing well. Currently have a 2.6. One semester left. Might finish ~2.9.

My undergraduate GPA was a 2.9, with a science GPA ~2.5.

So I ask: Is my journey over before it actually begins? Do I have any other options?

I have not taken the DAT yet.
What are you doing the MS for? was it for GPA repair?

The honest truth is it will take years and years of courses to repair that GPA before you could even get into dental school. financially it may not be worth it

Reactions: 1 user