DO Is October too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iowan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've posted on here a while back, I've improved my GPAs: c3.35 and s3.30 from around 3.1 and they should be a little higher after two retakes this summer.

I already have 3 sci. professor Lors and should have my D.O Lor by early August.

I have shadowing (MD and DO), patient contact experience (CNA, Resident aide etc.), and volunteering experience (tutor, ER).

My problem is the MCAT.

I took it yesterday and I feel horrible about it. I don't even feel like a broke into the 20s!

I don't want to submit my primary until I get my score back and I'm sure when I get it back I will be signing up for a September date.

So this means I wont apply until October.

Will I have any chance of getting in anywhere applying this late? Anything else I should do in the mean time besides study for the MCAT?
The AACOMAS application cycle runs much later than that for the MD schools, so you would still have a chance of getting in somewhere. Probably not at the highly-sought, more-competitive DO schools, but rather at the less-selective and newer schools.

Reactions: 1 user
At least at my school, you'll be OK, even if your secondary arrives in Dec! Jan is starting to push it.

I've posted on here a while back, I've improved my GPAs: c3.35 and s3.30 from around 3.1 and they should be a little higher after two retakes this summer.

I already have 3 sci. professor Lors and should have my D.O Lor by early August.

I have shadowing (MD and DO), patient contact experience (CNA, Resident aide etc.), and volunteering experience (tutor, ER).

My problem is the MCAT.

I took it yesterday and I feel horrible about it. I don't even feel like a broke into the 20s!

I don't want to submit my primary until I get my score back and I'm sure when I get it back I will be signing up for a September date.

So this means I wont apply until October.

Will I have any chance of getting in anywhere applying this late? Anything else I should do in the mean time besides study for the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
October will be fine unless you score 23 or under.

Okay so I just got my mcat scores back and I BARELY made it over 20. Should I submit my primaries and note a retake or should I just wait until i retake??

Okay so I just got my mcat scores back and I BARELY made it over 20. Should I submit my primaries and note a retake or should I just wait until i retake??
wait for the more experienced people, but i would have to imagine that at least getting your app verified with a school you have no desire to go to would be a good choice. you could add schools after you get your scores back.