Is Opt school fun?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AVkidd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Other than the studying and work. Would you say that opt school is fun? considering the friends you make and the experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

Agreed. When you can find the time, the fun had with friends can be some of the best. I had a great class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Optometry school is what you make of it. It will be fun only if you make time to go out and have a good time...of course there are some students that take it very seriously and prioritize studying more so. But for me, I always make time for stuff other than school because this is probably the last time I will have an experience that is similar to college, and I want to have fun too! As the previous replies mentioned, you will meet people that will be friends beyond optometry school...I'm not done with school yet but the folks I met here willl definitely be lifelong friends.

Optometry school is definitely hard work but there is PLENTY of fun to be had if you so desire. You have to learn how to strike a balance between the academic demands and having a life outside of school.