Is Opt school fun?

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by AVkidd, Jun 6, 2008.

1. AVkidd

Pre-Optometry
    Other than the studying and work. Would you say that opt school is fun? considering the friends you make and the experiences.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KHE

KHE Senior Member
    Optometrist SDN Advisor

Optometrist
    Many of the friends I made in optometry school remain some of my best friends to this day. On the whole, I would say that optometry school is fun.

4. 4Eyes

Optometrist
    Agreed. When you can find the time, the fun had with friends can be some of the best. I had a great class.

5. alferec

alferec Future Army OD

Optometry Student
    Optometry school is what you make of it. It will be fun only if you make time to go out and have a good time...of course there are some students that take it very seriously and prioritize studying more so. But for me, I always make time for stuff other than school because this is probably the last time I will have an experience that is similar to college, and I want to have fun too! As the previous replies mentioned, you will meet people that will be friends beyond optometry school...I'm not done with school yet but the folks I met here willl definitely be lifelong friends.

6. prettygreeneyes

Moderator Emeritus

Optometry Student
    Optometry school is definitely hard work but there is PLENTY of fun to be had if you so desire. You have to learn how to strike a balance between the academic demands and having a life outside of school.