Is paying $4,000/month in student loans good enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
but an businessmen once said in that aspect is an depreciating asset

He'll get a new one then, he is pretty good looking after all.

Members don't see this ad.

He'll get a new one then, he is pretty good looking after all.
27365daf9bcf4cb95b6ac752c544cc78ed6dc0b86f3cbce5251f0f423da2d21a.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
In retrospect, that is creepy AF.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The idea of attending a top school in order to waive a residency is very very small compared to the job outlook of all 50 states (jobs that still take on a PGY1 even though you went to school across the street at a top 10 or 20). Sacrificing an extra 100k+ of high interest loans for a name brand doesn’t work for a pharmD and is only a small outlier for a low percentage of jobs.

Once I graduate with years working with the VA computer system in the pharmacy, I’m still expected to do a PGY1 at most openings online despite the school I attend. Which explains why many pharmD grads “can’t reason their way through a Voltaren Gel package insert.” It has nothing to do with academia as much as many students never stepping foot in a pharmacy before school, not doing any (or very little) hours as an intern, and only experiencing the factualities of a pharmacists when APPE rotations take place.

Apply to wallet saving institutions and NETWORK will be the saving grace for the go-getter-students in this profession....Although, I notice more Betas graduating than go-getters but to each their own.

This, exactly. Go to cheap schools and network. That's it.

Reactions: 1 users
Currently owe $126,000. I am able to squeeze my monthly budget enough to pay $4k/month towards my student loans at 4.5% interest. Is there anyone here paying more than $4,000/month? Should I be content with paying maximum $4,000/month? The only way I can pay more than this is get a second job but I'm so exhausted from my full time retail job. On my 8 days off per month, I just sleep and rest all day to recuperate.

$4000 a month?! Just how much do you guys make?
I searched the forum generally for debt payment strategies. You pop right up. That'd be in the neighborhood of $56,000 worth of income just in debt service.

Is that from living really frugally? Has it worn on you much so far?

Also, is the debt load high for pharmacy? Its $250k - $400k or so for my field.

As previously mentioned I put away 76k in loan payments in 2015 and total spending was ~20k that year (everything including rent $550/mo) not including 5.5k I tossed into an IRA. My take-home in 2015 was over 100k (76k+20k+5.5k).

199k in loans at graduation

Don't get a "gf" like OP and you don't "have" to spend much

Reactions: 1 users