You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Is personality more important than manual skills in LOR
Started by hawaiigirl2006
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You'll have a hard time matching without a letter discussing your ophtho skills. While you're at it, be sure to include your computer hacking skills, bo staff skills, etc...
In answer to your question, I think personality would be more important. You can be trained to do ophtho.
In answer to your question, I think personality would be more important. You can be trained to do ophtho.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Andrew_Doan
Ophthalmology, Aerospace Medicine, Eye Pathology
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
personality >>>> skills (which can be taught) 😉
Well then, I guess we're all in agreement.
Don't forget to mention how good you are with the nunchuka 😀
Don't forget to mention how good you are with the nunchuka 😀
I was actually planning on going to interviews in a robe, and showcasing my bo staff skills to the interviewers. I am debating about challenging other applicants to duels. Does anyone have any suggestions, or did anyone encounter this problem last year on the trail.
If you duel, make sure you win, or else it looks really bad and will hurt your chances to match.DilatedPeoples said:I was actually planning on going to interviews in a robe, and showcasing my bo staff skills to the interviewers. I am debating about challenging other applicants to duels. Does anyone have any suggestions, or did anyone encounter this problem last year on the trail.
fedor said:If you duel, make sure you win, or else it looks really bad and will hurt your chances to match.
But don't win by too much - it makes you look arrogant and hard to work with. A solid victory and magnanimous attitude, that's the way to go.
I've been training as a cagefighter for my interviews. Gotta work on my reflexes though.
monkey7247 said:I've been training as a cagefighter for my interviews. Gotta work on my reflexes though.
your mom goes to college
I knew a guy last year who was AOA, Harvard MD/PhD, Step 1 of 267, did seven years of research in which he ultimately invented the iris, and had LORs written by both Dr. Wilmer, and Dr. Bascom Palmer, and he ended up losing a duel. I heard he went unmatched, and is now a podiatry resident in rural North Dakota (I guess thats redundant). I hear stories like that and get scurred.
DilatedPeoples said:I knew a guy last year who was AOA, Harvard MD/PhD, Step 1 of 267, did seven years of research in which he ultimately invented the iris, and had LORs written by both Dr. Wilmer, and Dr. Bascom Palmer, and he ended up losing a duel. I heard he went unmatched, and is now a podiatry resident in rural North Dakota (I guess thats redundant). I hear stories like that and get scurred.
those damn duels....
I knew that I should have practiced my leaping-giraffe style instead of inventing the iris with Dr. Bascom Palmer...
freaging North Dakota.... I HATE FEET!
D
No prob, demspawn. With other fields continually expanding their scope of practice, you'll make it from the foot to the eye eventually.
I also hear that some feet have large talons.
I also hear that some feet have large talons.