is pharmacy right for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cara

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm wondering if pharmacy is the right path for me. although i'm not a huge fanatic about science, i'm fairly good in chemistry. however, math itself interests me a lot more. i'm juggling my decision on either pharmacy or accounting/finance. i would rather much prefer to have a career in healthcare though (and the pay is awesome), but the competitiveness and the thought of attempting to survive o-chem and biochem intimidates me. i'm hearing most pharm shools these days only accept 90 of its 1300 pool of applicants. it is also rumored that with this fact, job security of pharmacists isn't something guarenteed (which i refuse to believe because retail is expanding everyday).

so what interested you in studying pharmacy? exactly how difficult is the courseload and entering pharm school in 2 years? is it true that in-state students have an advantage of being accepted over out-of-state students? and if you know anything of the field in accounting/finance, what pros and cons can you give me?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

cara said:
i'm wondering if pharmacy is the right path for me. although i'm not a huge fanatic about science, i'm fairly good in chemistry. however, math itself interests me a lot more. i'm juggling my decision on either pharmacy or accounting/finance. i would rather much prefer to have a career in healthcare though (and the pay is awesome), but the competitiveness and the thought of attempting to survive o-chem and biochem intimidates me. i'm hearing most pharm shools these days only accept 90 of its 1300 pool of applicants. it is also rumored that with this fact, job security of pharmacists isn't something guarenteed (which i refuse to believe because retail is expanding everyday).

so what interested you in studying pharmacy? exactly how difficult is the courseload and entering pharm school in 2 years? is it true that in-state students have an advantage of being accepted over out-of-state students? and if you know anything of the field in accounting/finance, what pros and cons can you give me?

thanks

Why did you post this in both forums? This should only be in the pre-pharmacy forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.