is retail THAT bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tell that to that black technician or all the other non-asians that worked their way out. He's a teenage dad. Glad the he didn't make excuses like that. Last I looked, schools are still mandatory, and still taught that staying in school can get you a better life. Also, the army is still around to pay for your education.

Excuses are like anus, everybody's got one. Hell, yeah, I could make excuses too. I could say I didn't succeed because "me spoke no engrish. Me got no food-stamp for burgers. Me fadda beat me all the time". On and on.

Nobody is taking responsibility and and that's why we got a bunch entitled people who won't get out of ghetto. And when those who worked their way out try to tell others how to get out, all they get is some outsiders try to tell them it's impossible. :rolleyes:

gosh ur right....if japan and german soldiers would have just fought a little harder, theyd won the wwII.

Members don't see this ad.

instead of making excuses like "but the US has unlimited oil and atomic bombs."

$500k at major cities doesn't get you much of a house. Even with the bubble bust.

Members don't see this ad :)
instead of making excuses like "but the US has unlimited oil and atomic bombs."

The war could have easily gone the other way. Much of Europe might be speaking german if Hitler didn't invade Russia, especially before he finished off England.

gosh ur right....if japan and german soldiers would have just fought a little harder, theyd won the wwII.

And had we lost the war, what kind of excuses would we be making instead?

Oh wait, we'll be making excuses like the French army. :smuggrin:

The war could have easily gone the other way. Much of Europe might be speaking german if Hitler didn't invade Russia, especially before he finished off England.

are u making an excuse for hitler?

are u making an excuse for hitler?

Nope. After being over-ran, nuked, fire bombed to bits, Japan and Germany are now world's 2nd and 4th largest economy.

They made it, and should be rightfully proud. I'm glad they didn't wallow in self-pitty, moaning about handicaps and making excuses.

Nope. After being over-ran, nuked, fire bombed to bits, Japan and Germany are now world's 2nd and 4th largest economy.

They made it, and should be rightfully proud. I'm glad they didn't wallow in self-pitty and excuses making.

Oh, that's right...they should be so "proud" that the Allies didn't demolish them after the atrocities committed against Jewish people. Oh wait, they did get demolished...I would call them lucky it wasn't worse.

They made it, and should be rightfully proud. I'm glad they didn't wallow in self-pitty, moaning about handicaps and making excuses.

oh yeah...but they should work a little harder and they will become number uno!

Oh, that's right...they should be so "proud" that the Allies didn't demolish them after the atrocities committed against Jewish people. Oh wait, they did get demolished...I would call them lucky it wasn't worse.

Who in life doesn't suffer some kind of set back? You can either let them sink you or you can swim.

They emerged stronger than they were before the war, so I say they have the right to be proud.

P.S the allies didn't fight the war for the jewish atrocities, and the germans don't make excuses for what they did to the jews being wrong.

and proud my ass....if i recall correctly ur chinese...and if it wasnt for the us ud be speaking japanese today as a second class citizen.

oh yeah...but they should work a little harder and they will become number uno!

Are you saying everyone could be billionaires? :) Making it = middle class, not everyone being Bill Gates.

Members don't see this ad :)
and proud my ass....if i recall correctly ur chinese...and if it wasnt for the us ud be speaking japanese today as a second class citizen.

I'm chinese, but that's doesn't mean I'm toe the communist lines. China has the right to be proud too. Look where it's headed. You speak of being number one, well, hold on to your seats folks. China will likely become the largest economy in the next 20-30 years.

What's the next excuse? "but, but china got more people"? :rolleyes:

Are you saying everyone could be billionaires? :) Making it = middle class, not everyone being Bill Gates.

no dood im mocking you based on ur statement of hard work solves all.

I'm chinese, but that's doesn't mean I'm toe the communist lines. China has the right to be proud too. Look where it's headed. You speak of being number one, well, hold on to your seats folks. China will likely become the largest economy in the next 20-30 years.

What's the next excuse? "but, but china got more people"? :rolleyes:

oh yeah? awesome! maybe you will move back to china?

oh yeah? awesome! maybe you will move back to china?

Oh yeah? Why not give your land back to the indians? Are you going to resort this kind of unoriginal arguments?

and so...is it 20 or 30 years... oh who cares ..its as good as ur 5 year old news on american savings rate you tried to pass on as current news.

and so...is it 20 or 30 years... oh who cares ..its as good as ur 5 year old news on american savings rate you tried to pass on as current news.

Are you trying to make more excuses? ;)

Hmmm I wonder if China is familiar with the Ferengi "unofficial" rule of acquisition - "Exploitation begins at home." Not sure if I would be proud of that...

Hmmm I wonder if China is familiar with the Ferengi "unofficial" rule of acquisition - "Exploitation begins at home." Not sure if I would be proud of that...

Not familiar with that. I'll be the first to say that China has a dark side, just like any country. The government is very corrupt, and is using policies that while pro-economic growth demands a heavy human price. But the chinese people was able to endure, and china grew quickly.

Quoting a famous question raised by a Reagon "are you better off than you were 4 years ago", I say more chinese than not wold say yes to that. When I left as a kid, it was a dirt hill of a country, 20 years later it's set to over take Japan as number 2. China still very corrupt, but I still have relatives there, and they are all worked very hard and are prospering. I'm proud of them.

So what about my dad who is a coal miner who has worked his ass off his entire life, has served in the military, and supported his family the best he could? He went from middle class to middle class and I doubt many if any have worked harder or put their life in danger more. Hard work doesnt always = $ X.

So what about my dad who is a coal miner who has worked his ass off his entire life, has served in the military, and supported his family the best he could? He went from middle class to middle class and I doubt many if any have worked harder or put their life in danger more. Hard work doesnt always = $ X.

No argument there. Several pages ago, it was already established that hard working alone will only get you to middle/upper-middle class. That's what we defined as making it.

To really become rich takes something more than just straight up hard work. The rich do not make make money by working, they make money work for them. That's why investing is so important. Being a pharmacist probably won't make me rich, but if I invest and accumulate income generating wealth, pass it on to my kids, and so on... yeah, they'll be rich. Or if my fiancee follows through with her dream of opening her own pharmacy and have it be successful, we might get rich in our life time. :p

Last edited:
And if you really want to make it legit, have her hold at least a paper sign that says I <3 Jinga! Or else it could have been a pic you just pulled off the internet :laugh:

Ha nice.

I think what most people in this thread are focusing too heavily on is money. My view is bias because I have worked only in retail. I'll say that retail is fun but challenging and probably the best place to learn about commonly used drugs as well as OTC drugs. The fast paced workplace is good for me because I learn best through repetition and building upon previous experience.

I'll most likely work for 5 years @ the county hospital because they have been searching for another pharmacist for a few years now and I have it on good authority that they will pay all of my pharmacy school expenses if I agree to work there. My ultimate goal is to work in research for Cancer or Alzheimer's drugs.

However, I think that if I had to, I would certainly work retail. Is it that bad? Not really, I love it now at Tech Pay. So I think I will love it even more @ Pharm Pay. :)

Besides, it is challenging to me to 'calm' down an angry patient. I think a lot of problems that arise from retail is a failure to communicate. That being said, the new Wal-Mart "Ready Reminder" might have a chance at changing the opinion of Wal-Mart Pharmacies. Retail is fun. :)

I'll most likely work for 5 years @ the county hospital because they have been searching for another pharmacist for a few years now and I have it on good authority that they will pay all of my pharmacy school expenses if I agree to work there.

This hospital in lala land?

This hospital in lala land?

lol, which part of my statement makes it seem unlikely? Paying for my college or limited pharmacists?

To tell you the truth, where I live is not exactly the most exciting place. I'm not too rehearsed on the actual details of why/how they offer that. My mom, an MSN, has been working there for nearly 20 years and has spoken to the Pharmacist-in-Charge about a program they have. Like I said, I don't have all the details, but it comes from a reliable source.

:)