• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Is rewriting PS necessary

tle1093

10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2008
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I turned in a complete AMCAS primary last application cycle but withdrew it before it was verified. Should I rewrite my personal statement for this cycle? I believe none of the schools read it during the last cycle, but I'm not sure if they get BOTH the new and the old copies of AMCAS primaries this time around.

Another thing, am I a re-applicant to the schools I listed last time around?

Upvote 0

Food

10+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2007
Unemployment office
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
If you withdrew before verifying...I would think it's okay to use the old PS. I'm not sure though - somebody else might have a different experience. But to me - verification makes you an applicant...if you withdrew before that, most schools wouldn't have even looked at your file.

Upvote 0
About the Ads

Food

10+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2007
Unemployment office
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Didn't you gain any relevant experience between this cycle and last cycle...they'll want to know how you improved yourself, incorporate your growth into the PS.

Yeah, but he wasn't even verified last year. I doubt anybody even looked at his file - they generally don't look at files until they are verified / complete, etc.

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.