Is rewriting PS necessary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tle1093

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I turned in a complete AMCAS primary last application cycle but withdrew it before it was verified. Should I rewrite my personal statement for this cycle? I believe none of the schools read it during the last cycle, but I'm not sure if they get BOTH the new and the old copies of AMCAS primaries this time around.

Another thing, am I a re-applicant to the schools I listed last time around?

Members don't see this ad.

If you withdrew before verifying...I would think it's okay to use the old PS. I'm not sure though - somebody else might have a different experience. But to me - verification makes you an applicant...if you withdrew before that, most schools wouldn't have even looked at your file.

Does anyone know if they look at both the old and the new files once they do look at it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe not necessary in your situation but I found that multiple drafts of my PS helped improve the document overall. Use this is a time to revise - or not. :D

Didn't you gain any relevant experience between this cycle and last cycle...they'll want to know how you improved yourself, incorporate your growth into the PS.

Didn't you gain any relevant experience between this cycle and last cycle...they'll want to know how you improved yourself, incorporate your growth into the PS.

Yeah, but he wasn't even verified last year. I doubt anybody even looked at his file - they generally don't look at files until they are verified / complete, etc.

To be safe though - I would make a few changes or updates, if you could.