Medical Is sharing notes against academic policies?

petomed

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't mean in the age of old. I mean in today's office 365 cloud world, where it's seamless to share OneNote pages, sections, and notebooks. If your study group all live primarily in OneNote, is it any kind of academic policy violation to literally share every page of every section of every notebook for every class? Sharing these notes with anyone not in your current class would of course be out of bounds. As would putting screen shots of any test material into the notebooks and similar behaviors. But would simple shared notebooks be out of bounds?

And if this is acceptable, what's to prevent the entire class from sharing their notes as a whole?

Further, would you see this as a good thing or a bad thing if your program uses letter grades vs. P/F?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t see anything wrong with anything you mentioned with the exception of sharing past/current test questions. Our class does share notes as a whole; we have a Google drive where everyone in the class can upload notes, Anki decks, etc.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't mean in the age of old. I mean in today's office 365 cloud world, where it's seamless to share OneNote pages, sections, and notebooks. If your study group all live primarily in OneNote, is it any kind of academic policy violation to literally share every page of every section of every notebook for every class? Sharing these notes with anyone not in your current class would of course be out of bounds. As would putting screen shots of any test material into the notebooks and similar behaviors. But would simple shared notebooks be out of bounds?

And if this is acceptable, what's to prevent the entire class from sharing their notes as a whole?

Further, would you see this as a good thing or a bad thing if your program uses letter grades vs. P/F?
Even notes from prior classes would probably be okay as long as they were just study guides and didn't contain test information. It's literally just an individual's study notes, they may not even be good or useful to another individual.

Reactions: 2 users