Is some 1 currently enrolled for MPH?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VaidyaKumari

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,

Can some 1 help me in explaining the nature of the course work of MPH program?? As i come form a non math background& my math skills are weak and have lost touch since by my undergrad studies,my only worry rt now is is Biostatics so plz some 1 guide me,,:confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

majority consists of reading and writing papers and short essays.

Biostatistics tends to be the most difficult course from an analytical standpoint.

Some also struggle with epidemiology.

hello,

Can some 1 help me in explaining the nature of the course work of MPH program?? As i come form a non math background& my math skills are weak and have lost touch since by my undergrad studies,my only worry rt now is is Biostatics so plz some 1 guide me,,:confused::confused:

DO NOT take biostatistics online if there is a choice. I don't think math skills will be a serious problem if you have a good professor. It's just a different way of thinking. Don't enter into the class feeling intimidated because you will continue to feel that way and fail.
Bottom line, it's not that bad. Just go for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
So just how rigorous are biostatistics and epidemiology at the MPH level? I read, on Emory's website I think, that real analysis was recommended for PhD level biostats. I think I've also read that basic calculus is sufficient preparation for an MPH. Those of you who have already done your MPH, what classes what would you recommend past the ones usually required for admission?