is taking an online anatomy course a good idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdooner30

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i was just wondering if i should take an online anatomy course or a lecture based anatomy course. Because I've heard from someone that admissions committee look down upon online courses? Anyone have any knowledge/opinions on this? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

How would an online course help you? I'm assuming you don't have access to cadavers, so what would you use to look for the structures?

I would definitely take the lecture and not even consider an online course for something like anatomy.
Just my personal opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would definitely take the lecture and not even consider an online course for something like anatomy.
Just my personal opinion.

I do agree with him/her.

Just take such online courses during summer break~

It's my opinion, though!

I think you have take smth else which is on-line but not the anatomy course (even without a cadaver). IMO.

Hi guys, i was just wondering if i should take an online anatomy course or a lecture based anatomy course. Because I've heard from someone that admissions committee look down upon online courses? Anyone have any knowledge/opinions on this? thanks

I know that at the Medical College of Georgia online classes are frowned upon. Especially if those class have labs. On the flip side of things, if the classes show on the transcripts looking like a standard course, you may get away with it.

Considering that you'll be taking anatomy your first year, its good to get as much exposure to it as possible, so the lecture might be the best way to go.

Here is a useful response.
If you are doing it to fulfill a requirement and already got interview and possible acceptance, take the online course to fulfill requirement. If you are doing it for personal interest, and are unable to fit it into your schedule among other things, take online course. If you are considering it to get around the class-based course, you're wasting your time because you're going to get owned in first year dental school.