Is taking the DAT on July 19th too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PittHopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would taking the DAT that late put me at a significant disadvantage at most schools? I have the rest of my application in and am wondering whether or not to try to bump up my DAT date.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is fine, earlier the better. Of course, you think you can benefit more from taking it at that date do it. Its better to have a high dat score from extra time than having a low score with early application. Maybe Im just telling myself that cause I'm taking it in August.

It's fine, but something you may want to do is to fax or mail your scores to the schools immediately after you take the test, which could possibly play a role in getting an earlier interview. Somebody might need to correct me on this, but I believe it takes a few weeks before schools actually receive your scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the DAT at the end of July last year and tried to fax the unofficial to as many schools as possible. I think case/tufts/nova were the only ones that accepted my unofficial faxed copy, but I honestly forget so definitely contact your schools after your test.
But to answer your question, taking the DAT July 19th is not late for most d schools so you should be fine. good luck

I'm taking it August 14th. You're fine.

I took the DAT at the end of July last year and tried to fax the unofficial to as many schools as possible. I think case/tufts/nova were the only ones that accepted my unofficial faxed copy, but I honestly forget so definitely contact your schools after your test.
But to answer your question, taking the DAT July 19th is not late for most d schools so you should be fine. good luck

Sure, it is not late. But it sure isn't early!

The later you wait, the better you have to score.

Back in the day, the pre-health lady always stated that they recommend taking the DAT before July 1st. Earlier the better. I submitted really early and a few school mentioned that in the interview. You will be OK, but need to score well attempt 1.

will i get pre-dec interviews if i take my DAT on july 27? i have the rest of my app rdy.

I'm taking it on the 17th. I was under the impression that the official scores will be sent pretty quick via ADA upon requesting, but of course, that is 25 dollars a school.

Also, it doesn't seem like adcom begin reviewing until early august, so you have that ~2 week for it to arrive. You should still submit your app in first though.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited: