Is Temple moving to North Philly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JEWmongous

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I read an old post about Temple podiatry moving up to the health science campus once the new medical school building is finished (may 2009). Anyone have info on the validity of this???

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

When I interviewed there back in March (of 2007), this topic was actually brought up. We were told that, at THAT time, there were no plans for such a move. Now, like I said, that was back in March, so their may have been some changes since then.

I was there last week and I think I heard that it is something they want to do (since some of the same teachers/rooms are used and pod students have to travel to the med school). However, I don't see anywhere for a school to be built, they're already building a new med school (opens 2009) and north philly is a **** hole compared to where the pod school is currently located. If it were to happen, I couldn't see it being done anywhere in the near future

Members don't see this ad :)
So, with this move, would the schools of medicine, dentistry, and podiatric medicine all be on the same campus?

In theory, yes everything would be located at their Health Sciences Campus in North Philadelphia. As of now, only the Pod school is in Center City (Chinatown) which in my opinion, I wouldn't want it to go anywhere else. North Philly isn't the most attractive area to be in.