Is the ABA selling our information to headhunters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Outrigger

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have one email that I use for the ABA and is otherwise used for junk mail and has not been given out to anything or anyone else medically related. And yet I keep getting emails from headhunters seeking anesthesiologists. Do you think the ABA sells our information?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have one email that I use for the ABA and is otherwise used for junk mail and has not been given out to anything or anyone else medically related. And yet I keep getting emails from headhunters seeking anesthesiologists. Do you think the ABA sells our information?

Wouldn't be surprised.

Reactions: 1 users
Gosh I hope so! 👍. Between the calls for my car warranty and recruiters I barely have time to read the WSJ and take a nap.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would say its pretty much guaranteed.. That is an awfully bad look. Apple doesnt even stoop that low to sell your information and you have a medical organization whose mission is to uphold the integrity of medical practice making money selling your info.. what the F&&*>

The ABA says they don’t share our private info except for certain conditions, eg subpoena, directory, etc.

Pages 73-78

"The ABA may share relevant personal information with third-party vendors for them to provide services for you, such as publishing certification information, verifying Continuing Medical Education course completions, deploying informational emails or payment processing. Third-party vendors are required to keep your personal information confidential."

Nice and intentionally vague. To me this reads as, we actually have the right to hand out your personal information / phone number to whoever we want as long as THEY promise to keep you information safe. The state of things, no different than any other entity that houses information and makes $$$.

I get lots of recruiter emails off my medical school email and I assume they just generate because my medical school knows which specialty I went into residency for.