ABA Advanced 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dipraman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
That time of the year again. Good luck to everyone taking it this weekend!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you take it today? General impressions?
I did. Feel like the topics were pretty well covered by ACE and TrueLearn. I felt the first half was pretty straightforward the second half had a few curveballs. I just want to pass lol

I did. Feel like the topics were pretty well covered by ACE and TrueLearn. I felt the first half was pretty straightforward the second half had a few curveballs. I just want to pass lol
Thanks. Yeah I just want to get it over with.

4-6 weeks is gonna be a long wait :bigtears:

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Same. Except I missed them all when I looked them up
I don't have the heart to look them up. Especially going into pain fellowship =)

Also hi again, for some reason I post every few years and you always reply. Hope youve been well through residency

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have the heart to look them up. Especially going into pain fellowship =)

Also hi again, for some reason I post every few years and you always reply. Hope youve been well through residency
I don’t look them up. Just go find the nearest cold beverage

Haha doing well. Also in pain fellowship 😅

Do we know when results will be out?
Edit- Last year Aug 25th was the score release date

Last edited:
ABA just sent out a teaser with the subject line “advanced exam results” only to open it saying they’ll be available august 24th. The worst.

• Okay...
ABA just sent out a teaser with the subject line “advanced exam results” only to open it saying they’ll be available august 24th. The worst.
I was about to run to register for the orals but then I read the email. Jerk move

Another teaser email today. ABA is just trolling at this point. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 1 users
Last year scores were up somewhere between 7a-830a Mountain Time.

Site still down for you all?

Currently in different time zone. Woke up at 3AM and have been checking to see if I passed and can register for the last 3.5 hours. ABA needs to get their stuff together.

This is nuts. How many more tests does the NBME administer and they never have this problem

Nope they're delaying registration for Applied because of the "mishap" today.

Passed. Did TrueLearn and then did my incorrects. Did like 10 of sets of the ace questions. The most recent ones are must do. Had a ton of repeats.

Is anyone’s score “withheld”? Not sure what this means.. tried calling ABA but got sent to credentialing voicemail of course and not sure when I’ll hear back

• Hmm
I knew the oral exam was expensive but just realized it’s 2400. Plus 1700 from basic and advanced. 4100 in board exam fees, is this comparable to other specialties?

I knew the oral exam was expensive but just realized it’s 2400. Plus 1700 from basic and advanced. 4100 in board exam fees, is this comparable to other specialties?
With this much money you would think the technology would be more reliable

• Haha
Dont forget that you will have to pay for your transportation there and a hotel ...board prep is also a little pricey too. =(

A decent amount of my class did not pass... i also know a few people in fellowship who did not pass. The exam was challenging in my opnion

• Wow
A decent amount of my class did not pass... i also know a few people in fellowship who did not pass. The exam was challenging in my opnion

Anybody know the pass rate for first time takers?

Isn't it curved? Even if it were more challenging than usual, the % failing shouldn't be too different unless higher % failed this year.

I passed this year but wasn’t holding my breath. 15% failed last year. That’s graduating anesthesiologists. Insane