Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

Is the writing sample an even remotely accurate assessment?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by qweewq11, Oct 17, 2002.

?

Is the writing sample useful, and should it be kept?

1. Yes, it is fine. Keep it

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. No it is woefully inaccurate. Toss it.

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. It is inaccurate at all but the extremes (J, K, S, T). Keep it

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. qweewq11

qweewq11 Smiley orgy organizer

I know lots of people who got poor scores on the MCAT writing sample that didn't deserve them, including an English major who have won national writing contest. So I ask: is the MCAT writing sample an accurate assessment of one's writing prowess?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SouthernGirl

SouthernGirl Senior Member

You should add Choice D:
    "Who cares how accurate it is? It takes 2 months to grade!! Toss it!!!"

:p

4. Dr. Wall$treet

Banned

its more a test of following directions, or that is what i was told how htey grade it. If u do exactly what hte directions in hte prompt say, and use proper transitions and just aduate techinica writing skills, you score high. Like me, im a crumby writer as far as english goes however i am good technically putting together a formal business paper or research paper etc. i think there is a diff.. and they hvae specific criteria they use.. ya not sure, nobody looks at it so who craes