Is there a comprehensive list of foreign clinical rotations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I am just starting medical school now, in 2008, but looking forward to my MSIII and MSIV years I am curious if there is a comprehensive list of clinical rotations suitable for US medical students? I am interested in perhaps doing a rotation or elective in Asia or Africa (maybe Singapore, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, something like that) so I'm curious if anybody knows of any published text or list of all the possible rotation spots abroad or if you just have to find one on your own and work it out that way? It seems like a lot of work since most rotations are a few weeks or a couple months at the most that you'd have to work out all of the details yourself. Anyways, any direction could help immensely. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Matthew Pflaum (MD cand. 2012)
SJB
Caguas, PR

Members don't see this ad.

There's a lot of hospitals in Indonesia which offer Electives students for International foreign student. this is that list :

-Airlangga University School of Medicine, Surabaya
-Padjajaran University School of Medicine, Bandung
-Brawijaya University School of Medicine, Malang
-Muhammadiyah University School of Medicine, Yogyakarta
-Gadjah Mada University School of Medicine, Yogyakarta
-Sebelas Maret University School of Medicine, Surakarta
-Islamic University of Sultan Agung School of Medicine, Semarang
-Andalas University School of Medicine, Padang
-Syiah Kuala University, Banda Aceh

but mostly our electives based on IFMSA contract, so if you want to enroll our clinical electives you have to contact your National Exchange officer (NEO) in your IFMSA-affiliated-medical student's organization in your country.

this clinical exchange are managed nationally, the organization is Standing Committee on Professional Exchange (SCOPE) Centre for Indonesian Medical students' Activities (CIMSA) which affiliated with SCOPE IFMSA. our rules in all hospital is same. you can read our exchange condition in this site http://ifmsa.net/public/ecscopeselect.php

The fees for Clinical Electives in all hospital is 260 Euro for bilateral exchange ( Indonesian students could also do elective in your country), and 330 Euro for unilateral exchange

This fees will cover everything,Outside of airfare This includes room, board, a social program, and tuition fee.

there is one med school in Jakarta, which is Faculty of Medicine, University of Indonesia who offers Clinical Elective are not based on IFMSA Contract
you can read in their website http://fk.ui.ac.id/

In my med school ( Faculty Of Medicine, Andalas University Padang), basically we accept both student, either IFMSA electives students or non-IFMSA electives students

the fee for non-IFMSA electives students is similar with unilateral IFMSA electives student that is 330 Euros.

and you have same priviledge with IFMSA electives students (boarding,lodging,social program,tuition fee,etc)

you could read about our electives in this site
http://scopecimsafkunand.blogspot.com/

Last edited: