Is there a rank for all the Canadian medical schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachel9777

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All I can find from the internet is Maclean's rank for all the Canadian Universities with Medical School. Is there a rank for medical school per se?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah the one you get into to.. if more than one.. the one with cheaper tuition... if that is the same.. then pick one that you like most.

Oh yeah there is as well a AAMC evaluation.. not ranking.. evaluation. I belive it is a score of 6 or 5. Usually big universities get higher scores.. prob cause of research.

Nope, all med schools in Canada are considered of equivalent quality... that is not to say that they do not have important differences, like length of program (3 vs 4 years), number of hospitals, class size, and proportion of didactic vs problem-based learning. They are hard enough to get into that, like the above poster said, the best school is the one you get into!

Members don't see this ad :)
I second that notion. If you get into any Canadian med school you should be stoked. I would happily (very very very happily) attend any Canadian med school!

Go POTATO!

I've never looked for them, but I doubt they exist. I've heard that all Canadian med schools have similar scores though. McMaster used to score lower until about 10 years ago when they instituted quarterly mandatory practice exams. Now they score the same as everyone else (or so we've been told).