Is there any easy way to see when your obligation is up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your AKO has an electronic copy of your original contract.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your AKO has an electronic copy of your original contract.

What link do I need to go through? I can't find any documentation in iPERMS from commissioning that states my service obligation.

Your orb has an end date too, but it's not official. Have you incurred more time since your initial obligation?

Just checked and that spot is blank on my ORB. Is that indicative of my obligation being done or just of bad ORB updating?

Your career manager at HRC can tell you, and there's usually someone at your local S1 shop that can too. Hopefully, those people in your life are more useful than they were for me. I couldn't get my career manager to return my emails, much less pick up the phone, until I contacted my consultant and asked him to intervene. When I asked the civilian personnel person from S1, he told me that he couldn't tell me when my obligation was up if I didn't already know.

HopefulPilot is right; that box on your ORB is meaningless. Much different than on an ERB, as I understand it.

An Air Force colleague once showed me a website where he could see the end of his contract(s). Not surprisingly, the Army had no such mechanism, as they prefer obfuscation.

The Navy answer is email your detailer
And the Army answer, as stated above, it to call your service HRC manager. Your consultant will have the contact information. Your consultant may also know the answer, especially if it's on his radar because you're coming up on your end date. But you want to get it from the horse's mouth and that's HRC. They'll look at your contract, your PCS moves, your MSP, everything, and give you a date. Since they're ultimately the people who say yes or no when you request separation or retirement, that is who I would go to.

Personally, my end date never showed up on my ORB. And my partner did a deferred residency so his contract gave him a different date than HRC. Guess which date the Army went with?