Is there any way to get licence to practice in US without going to school again!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Awara No. 1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am a dental student starting school in the US the traditional way. I have question for my cousin. My cousin is finishing Dental School in India this year and he was wondering if there is anyway to get a licence to practice in US without going to school for 2-3 years again. Are there any states where you can get a license to practice by just passing the Boards and wothout going to any further schooling. Thanks Guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Come on guys. No one. IS this even possible in any of the states at all? or this is not an option anymore. Thanks Guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
Awara No. 1 said:
Hi All,
I am a dental student starting school in the US the traditional way. I have question for my cousin. My cousin is finishing Dental School in India this year and he was wondering if there is anyway to get a licence to practice in US without going to school for 2-3 years again. Are there any states where you can get a license to practice by just passing the Boards and wothout going to any further schooling. Thanks Guys.

I dont think it is an option........he has to go through school for atleast two years.......there are also some ms programs.....but that's again for two years...so better to do dds......just go through the liniks of ADA and u can get all info....

hi,
yes it is possible in minnesota,now you do your reserach abt it in this forum.

Awara No. 1 said:
Hi All,

Thank you all guys for the replies and I will direct him to this website now. Thanks again.