IS THERE HOPE FOR ME???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Step1woes

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I’m very worried about my step 1 score... I’m taking the test in mid-March and beginning to study (dedicated) in the second week of January. The problem is I have always been below average as a student in medical school and have had to retake 2 exams. My goal score is 230+ because I really want to get into a competitive IM or Peds program. Is there any hope for me to get the 230? I plan to use DIT, Rx, pathoma, and uworld. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone.
I’m very worried about my step 1 score... I’m taking the test in mid-March and beginning to study (dedicated) in the second week of January. The problem is I have always been below average as a student in medical school and have had to retake 2 exams. My goal score is 230+ because I really want to get into a competitive IM or Peds program. Is there any hope for me to get the 230? I plan to use DIT, Rx, pathoma, and uworld. Any suggestions?
Seems like you already have a pretty good idea for the exam. If you are an American or Carribean student/graduate, 2 months of solid dedicated prep would suffice I would say. I suggest you keep your sources minimal and try acing those. People in the hundreds have scored 240+ with the tried and tested UFAP method - Uworld, FA(which you surprisingly did not mention) Pathoma. Anything more than that, in my opinion, is an add-on and might take more time. Remember you don't have time to experiment once dedicated begins. Good luck!

Hey everyone.

The things with the highest correlation are your 2nd year grades > mcat score. That said there are people who overcome poor grades/test taking ability. All you can do is try as hard as you can and let the chips fall where they may.