Is this a job offer???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DIOVAN HCT

大器晩成
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got a call from rite-aid's recruiter (after an interview with them at career fair) that says contact her after I graduate and they are going to hire me as grad intern and based on my performance they will decide either to hire me or sayonara.
I don't know if this is real deal or not. rite-aid always can say later that they do not want to hire me ....
and there is no contract or any kind of paper works. recruiter just told me to contact her ....

kinda confused.

any opinions??

Members don't see this ad.

Doesn't seem a guarantee to me. It's definitely a good start, but you should not feel completely secure based on mere words.

Even with a written job offer, they can change the terms anytime they like. It's a take-it-or-leave-it deal (from personal experience).

Can you start as an intern now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

I just got a call from rite-aid's recruiter (after an interview with them at career fair) that says contact her after I graduate and they are going to hire me as grad intern and based on my performance they will decide either to hire me or sayonara.
I don't know if this is real deal or not. rite-aid always can say later that they do not want to hire me ....
and there is no contract or any kind of paper works. recruiter just told me to contact her ....

kinda confused.

any opinions??

It's not an offer; it's a strong contact. Call them when you graduate (well, call a few weeks ahead of time) like they asked and show them your stuff.

Hi all,

kinda confused.

any opinions??

It is a job offer....as a grad intern...not pharmacist.

Performance depending offer as a pharmacist.

I have worked for them close to yr......find other employment and make yourself MUCH happier!! :soexcited:

its not an offer unless its on a written document like an offer letter. sounds more like "call me when u graduate and if we have a spot, u can work as a grad intern probationarily."

its not an offer unless its on a written document like an offer letter. sounds more like "call me when u graduate and if we have a spot, u can work as a grad intern probationarily."

It is an offer...just not one in writing.

I got an actual contract...but I made sure there was no time requirement on it or anything else.

They must be getting less desperate.....:laugh:

no....but they did extend an offer.....a verbal one that was weak....but still an offer.

ehhh... verbal and/or handshake is non-binding at best.

Hence, it's nothing more than an "offer" to call them at later time.

Sounds more like a bursh-off.

There's absolutely no need for any pharmacy employer to procure pharmacists for non-immediate positions. Especially someone who's not even an RPh.