Is This a Reasonable Update to Send?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guitarologist

class of 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently "tapped" to be interviewed by a magazine, regarding my path to medical school. I am a non-trad, in the sense that I worked full-time (in a very hands-on patient care job) throughout my entire undergraduate career (I had no financial support from anyone). I suppose the piece is geared toward being inspirational.

Anyhow, my question is: Is this a reasonable update to send to medical schools that I am currently waitlisted at?

Replies are much appreciated.

FYI (not sure if it matters): The magazine is produced by a Fortune 500 corporation.

Members don't see this ad.

I was recently "tapped" to be interviewed by a magazine, regarding my path to medical school. I am a non-trad, in the sense that I worked full-time (in a very hands-on patient care job) throughout my entire undergraduate career (I had no financial support from anyone). I suppose the piece is geared toward being inspirational.

Anyhow, my question is: Is this a reasonable update to send to medical schools that I am currently waitlisted at?

Replies are much appreciated.

FYI (not sure if it matters): The magazine is produced by a Fortune 500 corporation.
Ideally you'd send it when the interview came out, but I've been there when you're trying to send updates and you don't have much to update them about... This is at least something new and interesting to talk about. Couldn't hurt to send it. Then you can send another when the interview is published if need be.

Ideally you'd send it when the interview came out, but I've been there when you're trying to send updates and you don't have much to update them about... This is at least something new and interesting to talk about. Couldn't hurt to send it. Then you can send another when the interview is published if need be.

do you wanna close his other thread? It's the exact same, and about 10 posts below this one. Link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=533029

I concur with what you said. Let them know now, then let them see it later.

Members don't see this ad :)

Exactly.

I think I will send a short update describing why I was interviewed, the point of the article, and the direction of the interview.

Anyone know whether I should or should not give them the names of the editor, interviewer, etc.? I will obviously give the name of the magazine, but what about the names of people?

Exactly.

I think I will send a short update describing why I was interviewed, the point of the article, and the direction of the interview.

Anyone know whether I should or should not give them the names of the editor, interviewer, etc.? I will obviously give the name of the magazine, but what about the names of people?

maybe, but I don't think it will mean much to them unless its some world known interviewer. Maybe name of mag and expected shelf date.

maybe, but I don't think it will mean much to them unless its some world known interviewer. Maybe name of mag and expected shelf date.

I think there was a miscommunication. My intention is not to woo them. I don't think their names will mean anything. I was wondering if, because the article is not yet published, it is necessary to provide them with names to validate my claim of being interviewed. I'm wondering whether or not adcoms need this information, since anyone could claim they have been interviewed for an upcoming article in _____ magazine.

LizzyM?

Nice. A fellow Ableton user... :D

oh yes...guitar+ableton+music samples/band mates = magic.

I only recently started use Ableton for sequencing and mixing tracks. It's not a bad program at all and is really straightforward as far as DAWs are concerned. Logic Pro 8 is what I used to mess around with for production but it doesn't have a sequencer, which is quite surprising given the sheer complexity and power of Logic Studio.