Is this considered a "Science" LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwerty89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a LOR from a professor from my class titled: Psychology 127B: Abnormal Psychology - Biological Bases. Is this considered a science class? It was not included in my AMCAS app since I submitted before I got the grades back for this class.

If its not I'm basically screwed cause then I will have 2 non-science and 1 science instead of the other way around.

FYI, I listed a class that I took titled Psychology 112B: Psychobiology of Fear & Anxiety as a "Biology" course and it was not corrected after verification. I dunno if that helps.

Members don't see this ad.

The best answer I can give you is "check with the schools"

I believe it would depend on the content of the class, although I would generally not consider psychology to be science. (Not because psychology is not a science, but just because it's not BCMP)

What is your professor's area of expertise? Psychology or neuroscience? This is why you should just get a BCMP letter of rec, but I understand it's not always as easy as it sounds.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

it'll probably work if the class was listed as bio by amcas and not corrected.