Is this considered Research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tovbhk

Reaction score
Hi, I just was wondering if someone could please explain to me if my experience qualifies as research (I find the term very confusing as to classifying what exactly was done), I had a chemistry teacher approach me and ask her to partner together and work on a research study where I basically read a bunch of articles and literature posts with studies and data, made some of my conclusions and wrote a final paper with my determinations included in that paper format by the aca. Similarly, I did research (during covid) with a general dentist with the same procedure of addressing many articles, papers, data, and figures from the internet and developing my own analysis from that in a paper format. None of the work was published, but I did find that both instances I was doing a lot of research, learning a lot without being in the lab or doing any benchwork. I am struggling to classify this, and would appreciate the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you looking to put some feathers in your hat?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think that is considered research. Most schools would probably say that benchwork needs to be done to be considered research