Is this course a biology course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiring20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got an A in a biological anthropology course (title) that's offered under the evolutionary anthropology department. does this count as either biology or other science on AACOMAS?

now, i understand that anthropology counts as behavioral science and therefore not a part of the sGPA. however, this course is a classic course focusing on the biological and evolutionary history of human beings. it is a biology/evolutionary class through and through, and it has nothing to do with the type of humanities anthropology class.

Members don't see this ad.

i got an A in a biological anthropology course (title) that's offered under the evolutionary anthropology department. does this count as either biology or other science on AACOMAS?

now, i understand that anthropology counts as behavioral science and therefore not a part of the sGPA. however, this course is a classic course focusing on the biological and evolutionary history of human beings. it is a biology/evolutionary class through and through, and it has nothing to do with the type of humanities anthropology class.
Maybe not, but try it.

Worst thing that happens is AACOMAS changes it during verification.

Use the AACOMAS manual to see what category it fits under. Best bet is to list it where you want it to go and hope they don't change it.

Members don't see this ad :)
it can either go under biology or other science and still count as sGPA. anthropology goes under behavior science, which doesnt count as sGPA. but i think by anthropology, they meant humanity anthropology, not a biological/evolutionary intro course. we covered things like the anatomical structure of early humans and how it evolved, and how different primate animals adapt to different environments via different social mechanisms.

Yes I know how it works ;)

If it's classified as ANTH (or however your school abbreviates) no matter the course description it most likely won't count as anything but anthropology.

Yes I know how it works ;)

If it's classified as ANTH (or however your school abbreviates) no matter the course description it most likely won't count as anything but anthropology.

what if its classified as EVANTH (evolutionary anthropology)?

i think the difference comes down to a 3.28 sGPA vs a 3.31 sGPA. i hope it shouldn't be a big problem either way

This course will be classified as a science course. My friend took a similar course and it went towards his sGPA, I think he labeled it as a biology course.

Label it as science and it probably will count.

I remember talking to aacomas and they told me anything listed as BIO/BIOL will be counted as a science course. I asked because I took a nutrition class that was under BIOL and wanted to know if it falls under the science gpa or non science, they said it was okay for science because it's a BIOL course. Hope this helps, if anything call aacomas yourself they are very helpful.
thanks!

the course is labelled EVANTH (evolutionary anthro), and the title is biological anthropology. probably enough evolution/biology words to qualify it as a science.

it most definitely wasn't a behavioral science course, and as long as it isnt that, it will count as part of my sGPA

if this course counts, my sGPA will be greater than a 3.3