Is this going to look bad (honestly)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparkles

To and Fro
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I just reprint my pictures straight from the computer, on regular white copy paper (Texas applicant)?

Members don't see this ad.

I would head to your local drug store and print them out on one of those Kodak machines. I know that I paid $4.00 for 16 wallet pictures. I think it will look much more professional.

Can you take a disk in there?

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm pretty sure the machine takes disks...

At least use glossy photo paper. I use it and it looks great. Now I do have a HP photosmart7550 so the quality is great. But I should think most computers should be able to print on glossy and have it look good.

I'm assuming you're talking about headshots for secondaries. Right? I took my passport-style photos with a digital camera and printed them out on glossy photo paper. As far as I know it's not totally gauche and won't tick off the adcoms, since I've gotten a decent number of interviews so far.

Should be fine. Pretty much all inkjets can print passport-quality photos provided you use glossy photo paper. I had regular passport photos taken for my med school applications, but nothing but digital since then, all of them printed on my own printers. If residencies and various state medical boards don't mind, I doubt the medical schools will mind.

My digital pic looked grainy, so I went and got a passport photo. It took 10 minutes and cost $12.00. I like it much better.

It certainly worth the investment.