Is this insurance fraud?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

farmadiazepine

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it insurance fraud to take a prescription that was not picked up and sitting in the waiting bin for 14 days, reverse the claim, and then on that same day resubmit the claim with a new date of service so it can sit in the waiting bin for 2 more weeks?
 
Ithink it's not fraud per se. The 14 day time limit is not a legal restriction as far as I know. It's a corporate policy to avoid lawsuits for keeping claims for an undefined excessive period of time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People commonly do that at CVS to avoid having to make those first script pickup calls. Remove all the phone calls and get an automatic 100% for the day.

I get my NSPU by putting scripts on hold if I know they wont pick it out (antibiotics, cashed out rx)... without declining it. I do call the customer though.