Is This Non-Traditional?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorperez

Jesus was a dissident
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ever since I came accross the term , I have seen it defined as someone who completed undergrad during a "normal" term went on to practice in her/his field and after some time of practice decides to get in the pre-med race .
What is then the definition (besides Insane
smile.gif
)
of a high school student , whom does not attend college right of high school and ten years after - Non-college - career and activities decides to join the pre-med ranks? .

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, doctorperez, it would be most appreciated if you would just post your questions ONCE. I've seen two identical posts in both Pre-Osteopathic and Pre-Allopathic. Most people check both categories, so it's not necessary to double-post. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

(No, I'm not a moderator, I just play one on TV.)

------------------
^v^

DoctorPerez:

In my experience, NonTrads. tend to be older students who for various reasons have decided to pursue a medical degree at a higher than average age. Ususally, (not always) they are allied health professionals who have decided to become physicians.

It sounds like you fit into that category. There are some benefits to being a nontraditional student. Maturity is the biggest advantage which many schools like.

Good luck.

Chris

Thank you for your replies .

For ALCERIA:
How do i trasnmit my message to those who do not read both forums? .

Personally I only used to read one until recently . Please advise!
biggrin.gif