This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LumBRay

Reaction score
29 male American Indian, paramedic of over 10 years (obtained paramedic license at 18, EMT at 16 though unable to function due to being underage). Currently finishing my Bachelors in Paramedicine - graduating in Spring '23. Went to college right out of high school at my local university while attending online paramedic schooling. I received abysmal grades at my university, especially in Organic CHEM I & II, BioChem, and Micro. Dropped out my last two semesters and didn't withdraw, so you can guess how that turned out. I got my act together all these years later and am at a 4.0 GPA Dean's List with one course to take until I graduate. I was looking at PA school, but I've always wanted to be a doctor. I would prefer D.O. as I know many D.O. docs, and they strike me as more well-rounded in their character and patient care - by no means is this a sleight at MDs. I work offshore, so my only real option is distance learning. I feel that the negative reviews of online prereqs for medical schools are overstated. I'm sure there are a few individuals who were accepted with online science courses. I am looking at UNE online for prereqs and also doing an MCAT prep course. Any pointers for this old chunk of coal?

Members don't see this ad.