is this test an accurate representative of the real one?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willR

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just took a online mcat test at review.com the princeton review site. I was wondering if anyone seen it before, and is it just like the real mcat in content? If it is,I recommend it for people like me who haven't seen a pratice test, and just want to get an idea of what kind of questions are on the test. I don't think it gives an accurate portrail of what your capable of doing because of the whole over the computer thing.

willR

Members don't see this ad.

The test prep companies always make their free tests a little harder than the real thing (to get you to buy their program). Also, it's a big disadvantage to take the MCAT on a computer -- you need to write on the questions. So, take your score with a grain of salt. The closest thing to the real test is the AAMC practice tests (tests III and IV). You can also request a free MCAT diagnostic from TPR or Kaplan, and they will mail it to you -- again, it will be harder than usual, but at least it won't be on the computer.

willR-

I took the same test. It is identical to the most recent test that Princeton is sending out to mock MCAT trials. As to wether it gives an accurate idea of what the test is like, I think it basically does. It is on a computer, which i feel makes it more difficult to concentrate, but the questions are good.
Keep taking practice tests.

------------------
Josh Hazelton
[email protected]
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
"D.O. Wannabe"