is this too late to do an audition rotation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sanchik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have an opportunity to do an audition rotation at a "dream' program dates nov 20-dec 17. is there any point or is it too late?thanx, s

Members don't see this ad.

Do the rotation and schedule your interviews in early November and in January. It is not too late, just don't leave on interviews during your away rotation. That doesn't make a good impression.

Well, it's definitely too late for a letter. It may be too late to guarantee an interview, but probably not. It's not too late for the actual audition part.

I don't see how it could hurt you and will likely help if you do well. The meetings where they make their rank list don't happen until late Jan-Feb from what I've heard.

Depends on your field of interest and your goals...

- if it is to get an LOR, as others have noted, its too late
- if its to get an interview, it might be too late, although many programs give "courtesy" interviews to anyone who has rotated there
- if its to make a good impression or see what a program is like, its probably fine - ROL aren't due until mid February and most residency committees won't formalize their list until shortly before then