is this type of leadership activity?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sportsfreak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been a member of a board that regulates how and when the college house finances are used. Is this considered a leadership position?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you hold an officer/high position or are you just a member?

Maybe, depends on logistics.

It's considered a 'member of a board' position. If there are 30 people on that board 'helping' decide, then it's not really leadership (unless you're deciding for 300). If there are 3 people on the board, then it probably is. Leadership seems to me more of a continuum in practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
the board is consisted of 14 voting members with an additional member who does not have a vote. Everyone's vote is weighed the same. The year I was a member we were deciding for 293 residents.

You could call this leadership. You have been charged with representing a group of residents and they have agreed to abide by decisions by the board. it is something like being a member of the house of representatives (making decisions about how to allocate tax dollars toward various needs.)