Is this worth mentioning before adcom meeting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unsung

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I work at a hospital and I just became a member of the Diversity Council at the hospital. Basically, the council advises the senior leadership on diversity issues/initiatives, etc.

This info isn't anywhere in my application... is it worth updating them before the committee meets in the near future? Or is this not worth mentioning? I know they will be meeting soon to review my file.

Members don't see this ad.

So I work at a hospital and I just became a member of the Diversity Council at the hospital. Basically, the council advises the senior leadership on diversity issues/initiatives, etc.

This info isn't anywhere in my application... is it worth updating them before the committee meets in the near future? Or is this not worth mentioning? I know they will be meeting soon to review my file.

Yes, most university officials love anything politically correct

I think anything that can make you a more competitive applicant should be shared with the adcom. With that said, send them a quick email saying that you would like this added to your application. It can only help you.

I'd say it's worth an update. As mentioned above, lots of schools are sensitive to diversity and cultural competency issues. I'm pretty sure anyone that applied to my school got to write an essay on it.

It definitely won't hurt your application, I could see it helping.