Is Tufts dental school good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bebebelle57

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I visited Tufts, liked it, but am having some doubts. I hear they aren't good with financial aid, that you have to handle all of the billing of the paitients, and that it's pretty cut throat there.

True? Any other thoughts on the school would be appreciated!

I also got into Creighton and liked it. Seems like a wholesome campus. Having a hard time deciding between the two schools.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

where are you from? and what are you looking for in a school/town? theres a big difference between boston and nebraska

yes, there is a big difference between the two places, but I like them both just fine. the location isn't what i'm really worried about right now...it's more about the repuatations and where i can be more successful (like on the boards, have a high gpa, etc).

thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i actually kind of like the idea of omaha vs. boston b/c it would be a lot less distracting! but location aside, which is the best school?

the location isn't what i'm really worried about right now...it's more about the repuatations and where i can be more successful
All dental schools provide the same education and training mandated by the ADEA. There might be small regional variations of what they teach, but ultimately you will take the same board exam as every other dental student in the country will. Every school produces people with 4.0 GPA's, and 90's on their boards, some more than the others. The true success lies within the student, if you work hard, you will see the rewards.

Furthermore, you patients will not care if you went to school X, Y or Z. As long as you are competent in treating them, then you will just be another good dentist to them.

I hear Tufts is good (strong clinically), but I wouldn't go there if I could go to a cheaper school.

my $0.03

All dental schools provide the same education and training mandated by the ADEA.

Strictly speaking, accreditation standards are overseen by the American Dental Association Commisson on Dental Accreditation not ADEA which is the American Dental Education Association.

Just pick the cheapest school. No patient will ever care about the reputation of your school.

Just pick the cheapest school. No patient will ever care about the reputation of your school.

yeap just like he said. So long as you're properly licensed to fill:D