• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

sooz1002

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Brooklyn, NY (currently Buffalo, NY)
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I know it's a somewhat superficial question, because I know the UB program is amazing and you get a lot of exposure to research etc, but how miserable is the cold, exactly? Is it tolerable? Is anyone currently at Buffalo completely miserable because of it? Tell me all about your Buffalo experience! I've just gotten in, and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to brave 4 years there. :)

Aznfarmerboi

15+ Year Member
May 18, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
If u love the cold, love waking up early in the morning to make sure your car is running, ur doors are not stuck, etc, if you love driving with almost 0 visability, U buff is right for you. Love their wings though.

About the Ads

Quiksilver

Secundum Artem PharmD
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
born and raised here. Don't go to UB, so I can have your spot :):):). Seriously, everyone hypes up Buffalo to be satan's a*hole when it comes down to everything weather related. But the fact is, you aren't going to live that far away from campus, and you will spend most of your time indoors. But it does get cold in the winter. Its been 3.5 weeks and haven't seen a temp near 20. But then again they said its supposed to be a high of 21 today. Please do figure out how to drive in the snow, ice (we tend to get a couple ice storms every spring and fall when temps start to increase). There are people who do drive aggressively in the snow. They will speed on the streets and the thruway in a snow storm. Learn to do that fast and you'll be okay.

wolingfeng

10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
It's not really bad, some snowstorms, and sometimes colder than zero degree. But those are not big issues.

honeykrown

10+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2006
Live presently in MD
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
We've had some below the freezing weather here in MD and i'm not lookign forward to weather in Buffalo even thou i tend to like the cold atmosphere than the heat. But one thing is this we woudl all adjust we like it or not. the human body can adjust to anything.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.