1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Is U Buffalo worth the cold?

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by sooz1002, Feb 15, 2007.

1. sooz1002

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I know it's a somewhat superficial question, because I know the UB program is amazing and you get a lot of exposure to research etc, but how miserable is the cold, exactly? Is it tolerable? Is anyone currently at Buffalo completely miserable because of it? Tell me all about your Buffalo experience! I've just gotten in, and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to brave 4 years there. :)

2. Aznfarmerboi

Aznfarmerboi Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    If u love the cold, love waking up early in the morning to make sure your car is running, ur doors are not stuck, etc, if you love driving with almost 0 visability, U buff is right for you. Love their wings though.

3. OP
    OP
    sooz1002

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    oh boy! i can barely drive in normal weather. :eek:

4. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Secundum Artem PharmD
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    born and raised here. Don't go to UB, so I can have your spot :):):). Seriously, everyone hypes up Buffalo to be satan's a*hole when it comes down to everything weather related. But the fact is, you aren't going to live that far away from campus, and you will spend most of your time indoors. But it does get cold in the winter. Its been 3.5 weeks and haven't seen a temp near 20. But then again they said its supposed to be a high of 21 today. Please do figure out how to drive in the snow, ice (we tend to get a couple ice storms every spring and fall when temps start to increase). There are people who do drive aggressively in the snow. They will speed on the streets and the thruway in a snow storm. Learn to do that fast and you'll be okay.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. npage148

npage148 Senior Member
    PhD Pharmacist 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    if you live in brooklyn, buffalo is pretty much the same only with more snow and maybe a touch colder.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. wolingfeng

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    It's not really bad, some snowstorms, and sometimes colder than zero degree. But those are not big issues.

7. honeykrown

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    We've had some below the freezing weather here in MD and i'm not lookign forward to weather in Buffalo even thou i tend to like the cold atmosphere than the heat. But one thing is this we woudl all adjust we like it or not. the human body can adjust to anything.