Is your school hot or cold?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

group_theory

EX-TER-MIN-ATE!'
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's find out

From the National Weather Service, projected highs for Monday and lows for Monday night, Feb 5, 2007

AT Still University - Mesa, AZ
High: 78
Low: 50

AZCOM - Glendale, AZ
High: 78
Low: 50

CCOM - Downers Grove, IL
High: 1
Low: -6

DCOM/LMU - Harrogate, TN
High: 25
Low: 7

DMU - Des Moines, IA
High: 4
Low: -6

KCOM - Kirksville, MO
High: 10
Low: -5

KCUMB - Kansas City, MO
High: 17
Low: 9

LECOM - Erie, PA
High: 13
Low: 8

LECOM-FL - Bradenton, FL
High: 65
Low: 44

MSU - East Lansing, MI
High: 8
Low: -2

NSU - Fort Lauderdale, FL
High: 71
Low: 57

NYCOM - Old Westbury, NY
High: 18
Low: 10

OSU - Tulsa, OK
High: 42
Low: 27

OUCOM - Athens, OH
High: 11
Low: -1

PCOM - Philadelphia, PA

PCOM-GA - Suwanee, GA
High: 46
Low: 23

PCSOM - Pikeville, KY
Low: 3

TCOM/UNTHSC - Fort Worth, TX
High: 53
Low: 39

TUCOM - Vallejo, CA
High: 61
Low: 43

TUCOM-NV - Henderson, NV
High: 71
Low: 43

TUCOM-NY - New York, NY
Low: 10

UMDNJ-SOM - Stratford, NJ

UNECOM - Biddeford, ME
Low: 3

VCOM - Blacksburg, VA
High: 21
Low: 5

Western/COMP - Pomona, CA
High: 82
Low: 48

WVSOM - Lewisburg, WV
High: 16
Low: 2

freezing.gif

cold.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Please post the link to the DO School Weather Station! Great feature! Man, its cooold tonight!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! I thought I was bored tonight! :laugh: DCOM is cold.:D

Wow, everything I didn't realize I wanted to know!

This is projected for the fifth? We must be getting a warm front in today! Glad I picked one of the toasty warm places. :(

Sweet, we win coldest award.

It was freakin -26 yesterday with the windchill.
Of course I'd be saying it freakin 130 in the summer in Phoenix.
Pick your poison.

im not in a school yet so i cant comment ...

but, im hot ... and cold.

im not in a school yet so i cant comment ...

but, im hot ... and cold.

Will you change your freakin' negative signature. :laugh: You are going to get into med school this year.:luck:

It's COLD in Kansas City!

i live about 1/2 hr from CCOM and it is currently 0 degrees outside..at least tomorrow will be warmer...5 degrees, woo! :)

To be more in keeping with the rest of the threads in pre-DO, the title of this thread should be "Which DO school has the BEST temperature?" (Obviously, it is my school.)

Now that that's been answered definitively, let's move on to the real question on everyone's mind: "If a DO school and an MD school are both 78 degrees, is the temperature REALLY the same?"

To be more in keeping with the rest of the threads in pre-DO, the title of this thread should be "Which DO school has the BEST temperature?" (Obviously, it is my school.)

Now that that's been answered definitively, let's move on to the real question on everyone's mind: "If a DO school and an MD school are both 78 degrees, is the temperature REALLY the same?"

I have a quick question - which degree do you think is better? I mean, one is more internationally known and used, and is de facto standard in the scientific community. If I were to pick the wrong degree, do you think I will face bias within the scientific community? Can one degree do something that another degree can't?

There have been talks recently of trying to merge the two so that it wouldn't be soo confusing ... I heard there was an attempt a couple decades ago but it failed miserable and now we're left with two different types of degrees.

If I pick one type of degree, is there a way I can convert it to another degree? Some test or formula perhaps?

Maybe to avoid confusion, we should change the abbreviation of the degree - maybe "CF" or "FC" or maybe even "CFK" or "KFC" to be all-inclusive of all types of degrees.

Group_theory, whose car gets forty rods to the hogshead and that's the way I like it

[size=-2]40 rods/hogshead * (0.003 miles/rods) * (0.016 hogshead/gallon) = 0.002 miles/gallon[/size]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbup:

Don't know how cold it is, just know it's colder than I like it...

One thing this recent snap has taught me is that there's no way you could get me to move any further north...

It used to not bother me, but if it gets into the 20's with wind (I really hate wind), my old bones start screamin' at me! :)

Plus, I happen to like spending time outside!
'