Is your SDN personality the same as your "real life" personality?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am shocked that anyone would bother to be themselves on the internet.

Aren't you at all tempted by the gloriousness of anonymity?

I am addicted to saying exactly what I think on SDN, but would never say IRL, to people who make idiotic comments. And there is a never-ending stream of idiocy here.

I feel like a kid in a candy store. It is so liberating and helps me blow off steam.

How can you restrain yourselves? And why would you?
Because i say exactly what i think in RL and online...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Because i say exactly what i think in RL and online...

erm... that's a disturbing thought.

if i said everything i thought i would have: no friends, no job, no acceptances into med schools... need i go on?

if i said everything i thought i would have: no friends, no job, no acceptances into med schools... need i go on?

Yeah... Even with my filter on, I probably say too much sometimes. Haha.

On SDN, I'd say I'm pretty similar. I don't take positions quite as extreme "IRL." I like to play devil's advocate or oppose extremism with extremism online, but I'm a thorough, thinking moderate normally.

:smuggrin: I express my opinion and if people don't like me because of it, thats fine because that means i wouldn't have gotten along with them anyways.

I'm actually not a baby hedgehog in real life

Possibly, I'm just as paranoid about getting into Medical School as I am here. :)

I'm just glad here it's a bunch of folks who try to attain the same goal, it's not easy finding tons of people who want the same thing as you or finding advice of those who have been through it.

Possibly, I'm just as paranoid about getting into Medical School as I am here. :)

I'm just glad here it's a bunch of folks who try to attain the same goal, it's not easy finding tons of people who want the same thing as you or finding advice of those who have been through it.
:thumbup:
I wish i knew people like on SDN irl

:thumbup:
I wish i knew people like on SDN irl

Now you are really scaring me. :eek:

I will be haunted tonight by the thought of SDN people coming to life!!

Bannie, Frazier, Onemcataway, they're everywhere, noooooooooooo!!

And who's that dude who had Steven Colbert as his avatar? He got very upset when we told him Colbert is just pretending to be a conservative and he hasn't been back since.

Last edited:
Now you are really scaring me. :eek:

I will be haunted tonight by the thought of SDN people coming to life!!

Bannie, Frazier, Onemcataway, they're everywhere, noooooooooooo!!
:laugh:
I predict a future run in.
Be afraid, very afraid. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
What is this "real life" you speak of?

I'm more sarcastic and I say the word **** more often IRL.

I'm more bold on SDN. I often ask stupid questions (even when I know they're stupid) just to get as much info as possible (hooray for annonymity!!).

Other than that, my personality is about the same here as it is in real life.

:smuggrin: I express my opinion and if people don't like me because of it, thats fine because that means i wouldn't have gotten along with them anyways.

"expressing your opinion" is different than "saying whatever you're thinking." VERY different.

In real life I'm pretty spontaneous and usually inebriated.

I'm pretty much the same...outgoing, opinionated, loud, and annoying. :cool:

How do you kill that which has no life?

I'm more bold on SDN. I often ask stupid questions (even when I know they're stupid) just to get as much info as possible (hooray for annonymity!!).

Other than that, my personality is about the same here as it is in real life.
we could totally tell from your 21 posts :)

that's funny since the last time i saw you post was from a very tall horse.

If my SDN personality was like my real life personality I'd never post.

funny-pictures-superior-cat-on-horse.jpg

i have no idea what post bleargh is talking about; i'm just explaining. don't shoot the messenger.

funny-pictures-superior-cat-on-horse.jpg

i have no idea what post bleargh is talking about; i'm just explaining. don't shoot the messenger.
hahahhahaha :laugh:
Its okay i just realized what post hes talking about.
If you call showing some respect for somebody's parent, treating them the way i would hope somebody would treat my mom/dad if they had a question, "being on a high horse" than i guess I am, so be it. :rolleyes:

If you call showing some respect for somebody's parent, treating them the way i would hope somebody would treat my mom/dad if they had a question, "being on a high horse" than i guess I am, so be it. :rolleyes:
Welcome to the world of high horses. I live here too. :)

Last edited:
hahahhahaha :laugh:
Its okay i just realized what post hes talking about.
i was just 'expressing my opinion'

Last edited:
For myself, I am a total tool on SDN and I am an extremely kind and courteous person in real life.

You wouldn't recognize me!!!

I'm definitely the same, but I get chastised a lot for being me on SDN (being open/honest, putting up pics of myself, offering my AMCAS, etc.)....so don't follow my example :p

Good for you than. Like i said there is no point in not saying what you want to say.

there is. it's called tact. sometimes it's also called not being socially inept. obviously these rules apply more IRL than on SDN.

there is. it's called tact. sometimes it's also called not being socially inept. obviously these rules apply more IRL than on SDN.
I think i need to explain myself more.
I don't go out there insulting people.
I do have tact, i'm probably not far up on being socially inept though.

you clearly do, since you proudly admit people call you rude

you clearly do, since you proudly admit people call you rude
Rude? I never said people call me rude, if you found that in a previous post of mine, feel free to quote it.
I've had people call me crazy.

oh, your post was so much better before you edited 90% of it out...

there you go:

based on this particular interaction i would have to agree with the latest assessment as well. but that's just, my opinion, man

I didn't see the rude part, my bad.
But seeing as your the type of person to pick apart the reply of each person and analyze it in a sarcastic manner since your a smart*ss, I'm sure you had fun forming your opinion.

i do have a lot of fun with my opinion. with the amount of fun i have you would think i were a blonde.