Isn't it ironic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KY2007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows an edentulous dentist.

Members don't see this ad.

I know a dentist that is almost toothless :p

I wonder how many dentists got bad perio
Survey?!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
one of my classmate's father is a dentist and he actually wears a partial denture (though not completely edentulous!)

I had my immediates done in dental school so I could get the discount.

ItsGavinC said:
There are some professors here with really jacked-up (technical term, eh?) teeth in the esthetic zone.

The whole dentition is part of the esthetic zone as far as i'm concearned.

What about people in your class? Anyone with bad perio/crowding/etc?

unlvdmd said:
What about people in your class? Anyone with bad perio/crowding/etc?
I had a med student as one of my patients. He had a toothbrush allergy and a funky mouth to prove it. It took me forever to get him through Perio so I could start doing his damn operative. I would do that little trick where you scrape that funk off his lingual anteriors and hold it up in front of him slowly on the way out of his mouth to give him a good view. In the old days they would put a specimen under a microscope and let the patient see the motile rods taken from their mouth.

ShawnOne said:
The whole dentition is part of the esthetic zone as far as i'm concearned.

Only when they're in our chairs... :). Gold crowns aren't bad, especially when they are opposing natural dentition, but I sure as hell aren't placing one on a canine!

toofache32 said:
I had my immediates done in dental school so I could get the discount.

I was thinking that'd be an awesome idea. Then endo would be a breeze, i could just use my own teeth for all the requirements.

aphistis said:
Is that something you learned in PBL? ;)

hehe, not officially, we cant use dot-com's as sources.

but seriously, I bet every information thirsty SDN'er would love the PBL style of learning. You could surf the net and it would be actually considered classwork!