Issue with multiple acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cadren3

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I was wondering if anyone had any information on the scenario below:

Lets say 15th of Dec is here, you receive multiple acceptances via call/email and you accept all of them either because a) you're not sure which school you'll pick or b) your top school has yet to contact you. I am aware you have 1 month to pay the first deposit to secure your spot, however is it possible for dental schools to know where you accepted an offer before paying that deposit?
I heard that they are aware after that first deposit is secured but just wanted to check about before.
Thank you for taking the time to read this! :happy:

Members don't see this ad.

I dont recommend paying deposits to multiple schools, its a waste of money. but no, schools dont have an idea of where you've paid a deposit to.

Reactions: 1 users
What do you mean by “accept all of them”? Are you saying that on the phone call you would verbally accept their offer?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can pay multiple deposits, but you have to commit to one of the schools you paid the deposit to by March 1st. Because then all the schools have to report who has seats where, and if it's found out you took more than one by that date, you could potentially lose all the acceptances you received. I would stick with one school because it's a bad use of funds to pay multiple deposits if you already were accepted to your first choice, and it creates problems for the schools you held a seat for but don't plan on attending. Only time I would advise it is if you were on the wait-list for your top school. I'd hold one other acceptance as backup in case you don't get off the wait-list before March.

Source:

Reactions: 2 users
This happens to many applicants my friend, lots of people accept multiple offers and the schools do not have the time to figure which students accepted offers from multiple institutions. These schools just want you to be open and communicative with them. If you accept an offer from School A, B & C, and after a couple weeks you put your deposit in for School B, School A & C want you to tell them you decline their acceptance offer as soon as you make the deposit for School B. This allows ample time for them to accept students off the waitlist and keep the process moving.