It is officially May 15th....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

da me ka don

Not in your P.I.'s lab!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All your acceptances are belong to us

:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just got a call saying I've been pulled off a waitlist at one school but I already hold an acceptance at another. How does this May 15 thing work out for me then?

I'm just glad that there won't be anymore panicky "HELP ME CHOOSE BETWEEN HOPKINS, HARVARD, UCSF, AND MAYO!!!" threads (I don't have anything against the people who posted those threads, but I'm still glad to know that people have made final decisions).

Happy Birthday to me!!!! Good luck everyone!

does anyone know if we'll find out right away...or will it take some time?

does anyone know if we'll find out right away...or will it take some time?
it totally depends on the school. I know sinai said they don't usually start taking from the waitlist until the very end of may/beginning of june. Other schools start right away.

anyone know anything about how fast the FSU waitlist moves?

I'm just glad that there won't be anymore panicky "HELP ME CHOOSE BETWEEN HOPKINS, HARVARD, UCSF, AND MAYO!!!" threads (I don't have anything against the people who posted those threads, but I'm still glad to know that people have made final decisions).

How do you know? People with an acceptance to, say, Mayo might get off the waitlist at Harvard. Then the dilemma arises, and so may the threads.

So I just got a call saying I've been pulled off a waitlist at one school but I already hold an acceptance at another. How does this May 15 thing work out for me then?

If you want it, say "yes." If you don't, say, "no." If you say, "yes," then hang up the phone and call the other school and withdraw.

You can always call up the two schools and explain the situation, and request a day or two so that you can think over the decision. I got a letter from my school saying that I would be granted an extension on the May 15th thing if I needed one (like if I were waiting on finaid info or a scholarship). They both want you in their classes, it seems, and they know that if you were definitely going to reject them, you would just do so immediately. Plus, if one school is so inflexible that they won't even want you to take an extra day or two to make a life-changing decision, maybe that might give you some additional info that will make choosing between them easier.